Arthur W. Little
Senior Software Engineer / Analyst
Danville, CA 94526
I have very strong skills in application analysis, design, implementation and testing, database architecture, and SQL. I have more than five years of recent experience with VB 5/6 and current experience with VBA from within Excel and MS Project. My skills and experience, along with my personal motivation, would lead to success in a challenging work environment.
Languages: Visual Basic 5/6, VBA, SQL*Plus, SQLTalk, MS C++, XML, Perl, SQLWindows, Informix-NewEra, SQR, Borland C/C++, APL, FORTRAN and COBOL.
Development Tools: MS Project, Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, UML, BusinessObjects, Crystal Reports, MS Visual Studio/Visual Studio.net, Visual SourceSafe, System Architect, ERWin, Logic Gem, CASE:W, ProtoGen and Label Matrix.
DBMSs: Oracle, SQLBase, Access, Rbase and Paradox.
Business Applications: Customer Relationship Management, E-Commerce, Physical goods fulfillment processing, Lease accounting and depreciation, Corporate tax planning and analysis, Auditing, Statistical analysis, Multiple family mortgage analysis, Collateralized Mortgage Obligation analysis, Computer simulation, Artificial Intelligence.
BS degree, Management Information Science and BA, Applied Mathematics, California State University Sacramento
(double major, cum laude)
Professional References Available Upon Request.
December 2002 – May 2003
HARRIS AND ASSOCIATES - Concord, CA.
Programmer/Analyst – Designing new software applications and extending existing capabilities of project staffing applications for the Bay Area District Headquarters of Caltrans.
· Modified and developed new VBA applications within Excel, including interfaces with MS Project.
· Developed new MS Project applications, including interfaces with Excel from within the global template.
September 2002 - October 2002
DEGNAN AND ASSOCIATES - San Ramon, CA.
Research Analyst – Researching and analyzing litigation support projects.
· Researched statistical information, provided recommendations, created Excel and MS Word reports to support up-coming litigation.
April 2002 - June 2002
RELEVANT BUSINESS SYSTEMS - San Ramon, CA.
Programmer/Analyst – Developing specifications and software applications for an Enterprise Resource Planning system.
· Developed software specification for nineteen software programs to be included in Relevant’s INFIMACS II® ERP products.
· Programmed five new INFIMACS programs using Informix-NewEra 4GL.
April 1999 - June 2001
RELEASENOW.COM - San Carlos,
Consulting Manager/Senior Software Engineer – Analyzing, designing, and programming software solutions that support on-line sales of ReleaseNow partners.
· Analyzed, designed, programmed and maintained integrated VB/CGI applications for box delivery of products from outside fulfillment houses such as GlobalWare. These include Orders, Shipping Confirmations, Backorders, Inventory, and automated customer and internal emails.
· Analyzed, designed and programmed similar integrated applications for box delivery of products from partners that fulfill their own sales.
· Designed and programmed tools to create and view multi-paged Excel reports and CSV files from VB applications using Excel's COM object model and the (VB6) File System Object.
· Created accounting and tracking reports using the above tools. The applications create Excel Worksheets after getting user input from web pages and data from an Oracle database.
· Assisted in the conversion of selected reports to BusinessObjects.
· ReleaseNow.com received the Codie award for corporate achievement and the OutSourcing Journal's Editor's Choice Award for the best e-business strategy. Unfortunately, it is no longer in operation.
April 1995 - April 1999
CLIENT SERVER DESIGNS (Acquired by ReleaseNow.com April 1999) - Alameda, CA.
Independent Consulting in
the San Francisco Bay Area.
Consulting Manager - Building turn-key, SQLWindow and VB applications using object-oriented techniques for analysis, design, and software construction. Assisting other development teams in migrating to client/server architecture. Assisting clients with business requirements and database designs using Unified Modeling Language diagrams.
· Responsible for maintenance and enhancement of SQLWindows applications for Repairs and Contracted Software Fulfillments. Designed, programmed, and implemented barcode integration and Y2K compliance for each of these applications.
· Project lead for a portion of the conversion from ASK/MANMAN to SAP. Conducted JAD sessions with developers and business analysts to develop business requirements and project plans.
· Assisted in the conversion of SQLWindows applications to ClearLogistics (Clarify, Inc.).
· Created new SQR reports and translated existing non-PostScript Windows reports to Unix/PostScript versions.
· Participated in JAD sessions to define requirements for new software versions using OMT sequence and state transition diagrams (essentially UML diagrams) in System Architect.
· Added features to a SQLWindows customer relationship management application from Invensys CRM (formerly Aurum Software).
SELF EMPLOYED - Danville, CA.
Independent Software Engineer/Analyst
· Designed, programmed, and implemented a SQLWindows Tax Calendar application for the San Francisco office of PricewaterhouseCoopers. Concurrently, translated the client’s APL database into a Gupta SQL database.
· Completed two phases of modifications to a commercial sales tracking system by Aurum Software, Santa Clara. The work was subcontracted from Client Server Designs, Menlo Park and included the addition of fax and e-mail capabilities.
July 1992 - December 1994
TERRACE SYSTEMS CORPORATION -
San Francisco, CA.
Senior Developer/Consulting Manager - Analyzing and developing C++ and SQLWindows client/server applications.
· Assisted in the design, development and implementation of an on-line customer tracking system for BancBoston Robertson Stephens. The data included customers, prospective customers, investments, companies, proposed mergers, employees, and relationships. Utilized ProtoGen to generate portions of the C++ code and manually developed the remaining code.
· Designed and implemented various management reports using Crystal Reports.
· Assisted in the design of the Threshold class library for SQLWindows.
May 1988 - June 1992
WATERHOUSE TECHNOLOGY CENTRE - Menlo
Software Engineer/Manager in Tax Technology Group 1991 – 1992
Software Engineer/Manager in System Support Group 1988 - 1991
· Analyzed artificial intelligence and other new technologies.
· Designed and programmed a hypertext COBRA questionnaire in the C language.
· Participated in the programming and development of an International Assignee Tax Service planning and tracking system using SQLWindows client/server technology.
April 1973 - May 1988
PRICE WATERHOUSE - San Francisco, CA.
Software Developer/Manager in Management Consultant
Services 1987 - 1988
Software Developer/Consultant in Management Consultant Services 1975 - 1987
Programmer, Management Consultant Services 1973 - 1975
· Conducted computer-assisted audits of major corporations, extracting data from mainframe computers.
· Developed timesharing applications for a wide range of clients while gaining knowledge in many areas, including auditing, taxation, leasing, simulation, industry reporting, artificial intelligence, and work flow.
· Converted many applications from timesharing to PC platforms.
· Designed and programmed complex software such as calculating and validating cash flows for collateralized mortgage obligations.
· Designed, developed, implemented, and maintained the database and applications used by the San Jose office to collect, calculate, and report semiconductor industry statistics. In 1975, the system began reporting to the Western Electronics Manufacturing Association (WEMA). It later reported to the Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA), the World Semiconductor Trade Statistics organization (WSTS), and Semiconductor Equipment and Materials International (SEMI). The system produced reports to support the semiconductor industry’s highly publicized book-to-bill ratio. Between 1976 and 1988, I migrated the system from timesharing to PC and added Japan and Asia Pacific as geographic regions.
June 1967 – May 1970
STATES ARMY - Washington, DC.
Chief, Administrative Services Division / Captain - U.S. Army Headquarters, 1st Aviation Brigade, Vietnam.
· Twice awarded the Bronze Star for meritorious achievement and service.
· Directed staff that maintained flight status records, library, and classified repository.
· Responsible for correspondence, payment of local nationals, and delivery of classified material.
Liaison Officer/Officer In Charge / Lieutenant - U.S. Army Returnee Reassignment Station, Charleston AFB, SC.
· Established operating procedures for the Reassignment Station, which was the only Army organization located on Charleston Air Force Base.
· Directed a seven member processing team that provided reassignment orders and travel assistance to U.S. Army personnel and dependents arriving from overseas.
Alternate Website: http://www.geocities.com/arthurwlittle