Purpose: Compare different versions of the same Excel workbook application. (Updates Only)
The Workbook Comparison application has been reformatted to include new options:
- Highlighting cell differences in workbook #1.
- The application will create or modify comments for cells in workbook #1 that differ from workbook #2.
- The comments will show the value from workbook #2.
- The application also highlights those cells, unless they were already highlighted.
- This option can be toggled on or off.
- Removing the added highlights.
- Since the application creates distinctive notes in the cells comments, the process can be reversed at any time.
- The highlights and comments revert to their original state.
- Comparing named range references.
- This option displays a results screen similar to the other comparison options.
The following screenshots illustrate the new options.
The initial screen reflects the new options:
After selecting two workbooks:
After selecting the Highlight cell differences in workbook #1 option:
After choosing to compare cell values, finding differences, and returning to this screen:
After selecting the Compare Named Range References option:
To make it easier to use outside comparison programs, folder path names can be copied.
Whenever a path is clicked, it is highlighted and a copy command becomes visible.
You can obtain a fully functional evaluation copy by contacting Arthur Little
Standard liability disclaimers would apply.
For a fee, you may also obtain full rights to use this application for specific business purposes,
and the source code may be unlocked and/or modified to meet your requirements.