Arthur W. Little
Consulting Manager/Software Engineer
400 Jeannie Court
Danville, CA 94526
April 1999 - June 2001
RELEASENOW.COM - San
Consulting Manager/Application Engineer - Internal consulting, design and development of software applications.
· Designed and developed tools to create and view Excel reports and CSV files from Visual Basic applications.
· Created accounting and tracking reports for internal and external purposes. The VB applications accept input from web pages and an Oracle database and generated Excel reports.
· Designed, developed, implemented, and maintained integrated applications for box delivery of products from outside fulfillment houses such as GlobalWare (BindCo). These include Orders, Shipping Confirmations, Backorders, Inventory, and related customer and internal e-mails.
· Assisted in the conversion of various reports to BusinessObjects.
· Designed, developed, and partially implemented integrated applications for box delivery of products from partners that fulfill their own sales. The implementations of the remaining applications are currently being completed.
April 1995 - April 1999
CLIENT SERVER DESIGNS (Acquired by ReleaseNow.com April 1999) - Alameda, CA.
Independent Consulting in San Francisco Bay Area.
Consulting Manager - Client/server application development.
· Built turn-key applications and assisted other development teams in migrating to client/server architecture using object-oriented techniques for analysis, design, and software construction of client/server systems.
· Assisted clients develop business requirements and database designs using Uniform Modeling Language diagrams.
· Responsible for maintenance and enhancement of Repairs, Software Delivery, and Contract applications, including the design and implementation of barcode integration and Y2K compliance.
· Project lead for a portion of the conversion from ASK/MANMAN to SAP. Conducted JAD sessions with developers and business analysts to complete the development of business requirements and project plans.
· Assisted in the conversion of the Repairs application to ClearLogistics. (Clarify, Inc.).
· Created new SQR reports and translated existing non-PostScript Windows reports to Unix/PostScript versions.
December 1994 - April 1995
SELF EMPLOYED - Danville, CA.
Independent Software Consultant
· Designed and implemented a SQLWindows Tax Calendar application for the San Francisco office of PricewaterhouseCoopers. Concurrently, translated a 20 year old client database from a flat file database into a Gupta SQL database for use by the new system.
two phases of modifications to a commercial sales tracking system by Aurum Software, Santa Clara. The work was
subcontracted from Client Server Designs, Menlo Park and included the addition
of fax and e-mail capabilities.
July 1992 - December 1994
TERRACE SYSTEMS CORPORATION - San Francisco, CA.
Consulting Manager/Senior Developer
· Analyzed and developed C++ and SQLWindows client/server applications.
· Developed a client tracking system for BancBoston Robertson Stephens in C++.
· Assisted in the design of the Threshold class library for SQLWindows. Using that library, extended the capabilities of the tracking system.
June 1973 - July 1992
WATERHOUSE - San Francisco, CA.
Manager, Tax Support Feb 91 -Jun 92 - Price Waterhouse Tax Technology Group, Menlo Park, CA.
Manager, System Support 1988 - 1991 - Price Waterhouse Technology Centre, Menlo Park, CA
· Analyzed artificial intelligence and other new technologies.
· Developed a hypertext COBRA questionnaire in the C language.
· Participated in the development of an International Assignee Tax Service planning and tracking system using SQLWindows client/server technology.
Management Consultant Services 1987 - 1988,
Consultant, Management Consultant Services 1975 - 1987,
Programmer, Management Consultant Services 1973 - 1975
· Conducted computer assisted audits of major corporations, extracting data from mainframe computers.
· Developed timesharing applications for a wide range of clients while gaining knowledge in many areas, including auditing, taxation, leasing, simulation, industry reporting, artificial intelligence, and work flow.
· Converted many timesharing applications into PC applications
· Designed and developed a database and application to collect and report data to the World Semiconductor Trade Statistics organization (formerly WEMA and SIA). This system calculated the monthly semiconductor industry book-to-bill ratios published by WSTS and SIA. I modified the system whenever necessary between 1975 and 1988.
Business Applications -
Physical goods fulfillment processing. Lease accounting and depreciation. Corporate tax planning and analysis. Auditing. Statistical analysis. Multiple family mortgage analysis. Collateralized Mortgage Obligation analysis. Computer simulations. Artificial intelligence.
Oracle, SQLBase, Rbase and Paradox.
Visual Basic, Visual C++, XML, Perl, SQLWindows, SQR, Borland C++, C, APL, FORTRAN and COBOL.
Development Tools -
MS Project, Excel, Visio, UML, BusinessObjects, System Architect, ERWin, Logic Gem, CASE:W, Protogen, Crystal Reports, and Label Matrix.
BS - cum laude - Double Major, Management Information Science and Applied Mathematics, California State University Sacramento
Professional References Available Upon Request.